Friday 29 July 2016

Mario's Mattress & Martin's Monkees...

Just like Pidgeys, Council Tax and British Weather, The Long and Winding Croad is still here!

So this week I've had a new mattress on my bed, and as much as people joke 'wahey what did u do to break the last one', it was overdue an upgrade. I decided on memory foam, mainly for the huge reason is was cheap as nuggets online, After repairing the slats underneath, again no jokes required, i looked forward to my first night on foam. I have to say, although i feel i'm now leaving an Amazon review here, it was really comfortable. Once you get past the fact you feel like your being sucked into the mattress like a clip from Pirates of The Caribbean when Jack Sparrow gets sucked in by The Kraken... point is it was a good nights rest finally.  When you get to the grey ages, you start clicking in your joints and cracking your bones so much, they need a good rest every so often. Oh no...I'm turning into a grumpy old man again arnt I..

As Pokemon Go continues to sweep the nation, its made me reflect on how far computer games in general have come. From side walking Mario, to the 3D spectacle of Grant Theft Auto, the detail has grown immensely in my time as a gamer. How many times did you ever hear someone go, 'Oh yeah Mario for the NES, completed that', the answer is none, because back then you didn't have the ability to save and come back to your game at a later date. You had to game yourself all the way through to the end, or when you met your eternal defeat, whichever came first. Being an Xbox gamer, i have spent the last few months deeply entangled in the world of The Rise of The Tomb Raider. Lara's modern day new look and captivating story lines (im turning into a reviewer again..) are just amazing, and im determined to get 100% completion on the game. It is so easy these days to look online and find cheats or 'tips' on how to get past certain points, which again is something which has evolved over the years with gaming. I'll keep you posted on mine and Lara's little quest, but we could quite well be still on an adventure for a long time yet.

The professional wrestling world is on its head, and as a new era has been embraced, new stars are being given the limelight to be the 'face' of the company. I'm really excited for the next few months, as both stars and fans are engaged in this resurgence, and continue to be excited by the momentum it is gathering. For those who have not watched any wrestling in years, the insurgence of independent talent and so called 'Indy' guys has turned the product into a masterpiece in terms of action. This is partly why i became a fan 16 years ago, and continue to follow the product with such a passion. You have to understand 'Attitude' has been and gone, and the business has had to evolve with the times and change accordingly. Now that social media is everywhere, the fans are much smarter, and the business is more synced in with what they want. Its a great time to be a fan.

Got a question, fire it over to me, and ill do my best to feature the best ones right here on the next blog.

Twitter: @PhoenixCroad - Use #TheLongandWindingCroad
ASK fm - @martincroad
Facebook me @ The Long and Winding Croad

In this weeks Q n A's:

If man evolved from monkeys, how come we still have monkeys? - I'm just impressed one of them was able to type this to me!

If you were to do karaoke tonight, what song would you sing?  - When i was in Benidorm years ago i did The Monkees - I'm a Believer....right now though....The Darkness - I Believe in a thing called Love. Full on air guitar is a must.

Do you collect anything? If so, what is it? -  I used to collect Pro-Wrestling figures, still have them in the hundreds. All mint on card as well which i hope to get money for one day. I'd buy exclusive ones not released in stores too, so there is some big value there. Dont collect them anymore though, occasionally I buy one... when you have your own place, you tend to not have that much free money to collect anymore.


'Thats all folks' as Porky Pg would say... Take care of yourself...as Martin would say

Martin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment